The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

water outlet neck

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triggerx

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
How often do these break? I'm pretty sure Im leaking from mine. I've replaced virtually all of the hoses and the radiator, I'm guessing this was the weakest point in the system.
And btw, do you guys recommend the Dorman water neck? Would it make much of a difference?

Last edited:
I still have the stock waterneck..It has never broken on me yet..I have had minor leaking problems tho..But not enough to be concerened about.

If your leaking from the water neck itself..Try replacing the neck gasket..Unless it's cracked then replace the neck and seal..

Depends on how much coolent is leaking from it.
If it is a drip.. then I would doubt it
but if it pours out about as fast as you can add coolent.. then yes it would cause issues.

Well I'm thinking it was the gasket possibly. Car tends to smoke a lil in that area. And its hard to pin point exactly where. I might just need a new cap now.

Well I'm thinking it was the gasket possibly. Car tends to smoke a lil in that area. And its hard to pin point exactly where. I might just need a new cap now.

you sure it's coolant - you could easily have a little bit of oil coming down from the valve cover.....

Actually, Idk what's wrong anymore, all of a sudden the car started smoking from the drivers side, like near the power steering, possibly behind the alternator. I'm hoping it isn't the water pump?

Whats on the drivers side in terms of coolant supply?
Because when I pour water/coolant to fill it, its is pouring out near the alternator area, which is probably why my belt has been screeching occasionaly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back