The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

420A wastegate actuator?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkspriggs

15+ Year Contributor
May 21, 2004
clovis, New_Mexico
hey guys as alot of people know i am new to the turbo scene. i just got done converting mine to turbo and i am now going over everything making sure it works correctly

one thing doesnt really seem right is the way the wastgate and actuator are working or not working i know the actuator is good but i do not see it moving at all while reving.

my question is this at what rpm is a 14b suppose to actuate? i have raised mine to about 6,000 and have seen no movement of the wastgate actuator arm, also my bov is barely opening, i have a turboxs type h and it is only opening maybe 1/8 in.

any help would be great guys.

mkspriggs said:
one thing doesnt really seem right is the way the wastgate and actuator are working or not working i know the actuator is good but i do not see it moving at all while reving.
Stock 14b actuator is rated 8-12psi and it's activated by pressure not rpm, unless you can build 8+psi free reving in neutral, the actuator shouldn't move. Stop trying to blow off in nuetral, free reving to 6k+ rpm is bad for your motor.

Yeai wasnt really worried about the bov since i was in neutral, but i thought the actuator should be moving alittle, I just diddnt want it to ruin with it not opening. And i dont usually rev in neutral like that but i was trying to see if it would open. Thank you very much for your help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back