The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Wanting to rebuild a 420A best as possible HELP!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d-will97

Probationary Member
Jun 2, 2010
Johnson City, Tennessee
I want to rebuild my 420A to make it as fast as possible without slapping a turbo on it, i dont where to start with this motor. IF someone has suggestions or can help me out hit me up, Thanks :hellyeah:

i would start with thicker better quality gaskets.
then you could go with bolt ons or internals.
for bolt ons full exaust system includeing headers. i would go 2.5 - 3 inch
intake manifold and shrt ram with air box.
biger injectors, walbro 255 fule pump hks fpr, fule maegment system.
for internals biger cams. rods pistons ect...

i would start with thicker better quality gaskets.
then you could go with bolt ons or internals.
for bolt ons full exaust system includeing headers. i would go 2.5 - 3 inch
intake manifold and shrt ram with air box.
biger injectors, walbro 255 fule pump hks fpr, fule maegment system.
for internals biger cams. rods pistons ect...

He doesn't wanna go turbo, so the injectors, fuel pump and fuel management system are pointless

Tuning, internals, and bolt on's.Pretty much like any other engine.
Or did you want more specific info, like what combo's pistons and cam's etc. that work well together?
Don't let every one discourage you when they say just "slap on a turbo kit".
It takes more effort to stay n/a but there is nothing wrong with that route.
I would take a look at bullet he is the n/a man around here....
DSM Forums - View Profile: bullettdsm

If you like spending money go for NA. I guess you can get 12:1 pistons, get some bigger injectors, adjustable fuel regualtor, SAFC, cams, cam gears, intake, exhaust, headers, and throw some E85 in there. I guess your powerband will have shifted way high by then so maybe you'd want something that will let your raise your rev limit and watch that needle fly. Haha pretty much everything but a turbo.

We are in the process of building a 420A n/a... We are running slightly higher compression, strong internals,, Milling the head, port and polish, stronger valve springs etc.... We are expecting to redline in the 8k range, right now we are designing cams that will give is the best power curve and street-ability. It takes some research and effort, but it can be done.... Once we have our cams figured out, I will post the specs for you.

And I see nothing wrong with nitrous, If it is installed and tuned properly, and used properly, IT works great, and will not hurt your motor...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back