The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G W4A33 Input Shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo0sTeD 4G63

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2008
Miami, Florida
I recently replaced my transmission pump on my W4A33. I wanted to know if there is a specific way of putting the input shaft plus everything on the input shaft. I did not disassemble anything on the shaft but when I put it back together and installed it in my car I had no reverse. Also I bought this transmission from someone that said it was in good condition and this was the first time that I installed the transmission so I don't know if this is an existing problem or maybe something I might of installed wrong. The transmission does go into drive and it works fine.

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-25_15-13-44.png
    upload_2016-12-25_15-13-44.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 61
IPT has some good information and videos on these transmissions, and atdsm.com has some good information too.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also explains why you may have not had that snap ring and seal, watch the videos on shift kit installation I think it explains why you may not have reverse if someone has had the valve body apart on your trans before you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back