The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G [Video] My 800 hp Block Build. Teaching myself how to bore out cylinders the right way.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmetiuk

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2010
Edmonton, AB_Canada
This is the starting video on my quest for 800 hp. I go through a lot in this one so get a snack first. I am gonna cross post on my build thread for posterity, but also here for visibility b/c my build thread is +1000 pictures and takes a lot to go through. I didn't want this to get buried in that so if its not allowed mods, plz lemme know and I will refrain next time.

This video goes through my plan for the block, why I need it to spin to 10,000 RPM, how I fcuked up the last block being an idiot, my plan for the next 2 weeks, in then setup the 4G63 in my mill, I indicate in the bores, I cut 2 bores on my pracitice 7 block motor, and then final indicating or measuring of the bores to show how damn straight my HAAS CNC VF3 mill can get it.

Also, I recently purchased a 1995 Haas VF3 Mill weighing 13,000 lbs, shipped it across country site unseen, made a few repairs, and I am now reaping that fruit. Slanging chips like theres no tomorrow. It takes 3 phase power so I installed a 100 amp sub panel, trench in the trunk line and gas, build my own rotary converter and fire it up with no issues. The mill didnt fit in the building when it got here ( i knew that ahead of time) so i raised the building 39" permanently by myself over a single 23 hr work day ( i slept for 2 days straight after it was lifted). I am literally moving mountains to make my dreams happen.

Everything going forward on my channel is DSM focused in the short term. I am gaining about 10% in subscribers on my channel every day but would love to start packing in the peeps who like DSM's.

If you dont wanna watch but would throw a sub my way I would hugely appreciate the love from this wonderful forum.
[CLICK HERE TO QUICK SUBSCRIBE WITHOUT WATCHING THE VIDEO
]

Here's the video link. Thanks so much for the support if you give it a watch.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back