1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Vacuum lines, what to T and what not to T?

Posted by 2gGst98, Jul 18, 2016

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. 2gGst98

2gGst98 Proven Member

Joined Oct 3, 2010
    Concord, North Carolina
    So I am going through my inspection and emissions, I replaced my battery a while back and never drove the car. (Have a work truck) none of the sensors are ready with a pending EGR checked engine.

While back I replaced my head, belt, and so forth. Every now and then my check engine light would come on for EGR. I have it hooked up, with a correct vacuum line diagram I got from here. I may have T'd into something I shouldn't have, so I will be going back through the vacuum system and re connecting everything per the diag below.

Question is - when I go about re doing all vacuum lines from throttle body to FPR, EGR, and all others, what can I T into and what can I not? Reason for asking is I need dedicated vacuum spot for BG and WG.

. image.jpg I will be using this diagram unless another one is better. All the vacuum lines on TB are being used, so where do I get vacuum for my BOV and boost gauge? Is their a way to add vacuum line spots or one line that is Ok to T for something other then BG or WG? I plan on running all emission components as I have link coming in a few months and can't delete yet.

I have read for this for a little bit and after all the threads none give me anything. So thank you for the help in advance.

3K  15

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Gstclipse69

Gstclipse69 Proven Member

Joined Jun 30, 2006
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I have my BG teed into the FPR. The bov does need a dedicated line. At least on a 1g intake manifold there is a port that was solely for the bov. I would think there should be something similar for a 2g.

611  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  3. 2gmitsueclipse

2gmitsueclipse DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 13, 2005
    Auburn Hills, Michigan

Autocross Build 18K  47

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM

Autocross Build 3K  0

1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    manual · 1G DSM
  4. 2gGst98

2gGst98 Proven Member

Joined Oct 3, 2010
    Concord, North Carolina
    Thanks a lot for all that.

Today I finally got to replacing and redoing my vacuum lines. Following my diagram under the hood. The P on the throttle body is unused. But I found my problem, a year or so ago I replaced my head with rebuilt one with all new components. When I did this, I used a 2ga intake manifold without knowing.

on the 2gb intakes the P is on the intake and the 2ga the P is on the throttle body. Took a little digging to find this but that is my problem. All is hooked up except where the electro vane connects to the P witch would be on the intake.

So my question now is, is their another place it can go?

Attached Files:

3K  15

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. 2gGst98

2gGst98 Proven Member

Joined Oct 3, 2010
    Concord, North Carolina
    Looking at the throttle body the A port looks to be after the throttle plate and the E looks to be before the throttle place. If so would I be able to T into the A port as the original P port would be after the throttle plate, would that work?

Not sure if it makes cense but it kinda works in my head :idontknow:.

3K  15

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. miliman13

miliman13 Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2011
    tampa, Florida
    If you remove the TB and look inside you'll see that there is only one small tiny Port and that's what feeds the port's up top. 1469383875814-1773517986.jpg
    This is behind the throttle plate.

I believe it feeds port E directly and the rest indirectly.. this is a 2g Tb in the pic and I recently rebuilt my 1gNa so it may vary, that's were i got my info.

Good luck.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016

2K  0

manual · 2G DSM

1K  0

13.066 @ 106.880 · 2G DSM
  7. 2gGst98

2gGst98 Proven Member

Joined Oct 3, 2010
    Concord, North Carolina
    So E would be on the intake side of the throttle plate? Thanks for the pic.

My main problem lies with the P port. As I have a 2gb throttle body and a 2ga intake I am missing the P port all together. I didn't realize this when I changed my head, andI have much to learn with DSM's. Just learning as I go.

Also can someone explain to me what the electro vane in the vacuum diagram pic above does?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016

3K  15

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  8. 2gGst98

2gGst98 Proven Member

Joined Oct 3, 2010
    Concord, North Carolina
    Well just replying as I got my car to finally pass emissions.

So my problem is I have a 95 intake mani, and a 98 throttle body. This made it so I have no P vacuum port on either my TB or IM.

I ended up finding my vac lines where ran wrong, I ran all new vacuum lines as normal and just plugged the line that would go to P.

Not sure if it's bad or not but everything seems to be ok. I no longer have that random back fire and check engine light for EFR flow.

3K  15

fwd · manual · 2G DSM