The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Update to 05-06 Outlander Caliper Brackets

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19gsx91

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Walworth, New_York
Hey guys, I know a lot of you are wanting to do the outlander brake upgrade but can't seem to find the caliper brackets anywhere.. I got news that the OEM numbers got swapped around due to them using the calipers and brackets in the 08+ Lancer GTS and ralliart models.

They are still direct bolt on for my 1g, I just went out this afternoon and made sure before I posted this.

I bought mine from advanced auto parts, Used the promo code TRT30 (30%off) +$5 dollar speed perks member discount.

These are the Parts numbers and prices I just paid for mine shipped to my door.

Part No. 18-B4671B - 55.99 + $50 core charge.
Part No 18-B4670B - 55.99+ $50 core charge.

With the discounts it came to 89.20 each for calipers with brackets.

Returning cores (if you can find some) would get you $100 of that back.. which means you could have brand new calipers and brackets for your 1g(if you want to swap brake lines as well) or your 2g for $78.40!

Good luck guys!

I work at a salvage yard that uses the system - 75% of junkyards that have carpart will not even bother keeping track of calipers, I looked for a while to find them used but for 80 bucks for the pair brand new? I couldn't pass it up.

Not that it makes much difference and for others that may be interested, these are rebuilt calipers, not new.
Advance will ship your order to your favorite store and you can pick them up there or they may have it stock, any problems you will then be dealing with the store, a lot of benefits that way.

I work at a salvage yard that uses the system - 75% of junkyards that have carpart will not even bother keeping track of calipers, I looked for a while to find them used but for 80 bucks for the pair brand new? I couldn't pass it up.

I should have made it clearer, I buy COMPLETE calipers (with brackets). Last set I purchased, was $90, shipped from Atlanta area junk yard, so they were totally rust free!

Still.. I'm not sure why we're having this conversation. 2 used calipers. with brackets. for 90.

or 2 remanufactured calipers. with brackets. for 89 and change..

It's posted purely to be informational and provide alternate part numbers for someone looking to do the swap. Whether they go new or used is purely up to the purchaser. I just wanted to information be available on this site, I'm not trying to take anything away from your thread or the research you did.

#1 Back in the day, half the time I have ordered "big" calipers from Advanced/Autozone, I got "small" brakes (even when I asked for 2G AWD). The one time I tried ordering 06 outlander brakes, I also got small brakes (from 03/04 Outlander).

#2 What are you doing about cores? Returning calipers different from what you get? You can get away a few times, but that isn't honest and it isn't a viable model if everyone start doing that!

You really should count "core" as part of your cost...

When I did my outlander front brakes and the AWD 'big dsm' rear brakes:

-For the front I tried buying bracketed calipers from everywhere (get the brackets and new/rebuilt calipers in one shot, with a warranty to boot. After they had none in stock I sourced the calipers and brackets separate. Brackets I ended up having to go to a junkyard. I think the brackets are used elsewhere, not just on the Outlander - but i don't remember and don't care right now to go check.

The rear brakes I was able to buy as a bracketed caliper from AutoZone. Awesome sauce. :)
I don't know if anyone else had this issue, but the parking brake pads I got would NOT work. The part number (at AutoZone) said it was supposed to work with the big dsm rear brakes and it would not. I probably searched their computer for all years and models of dsm's crossreferencing part numbers and that whole spiel...
I ended up taking a shot in the dark and using the outlander parking brakes hoping they'd work. They did! The padding is a mm or so thinner and they're able to fit.

Crazy times.. Hated my life on that one...

It's not. I mention IF you have cores. Nowhere in this thread did I suggest returning false cores.

Again.. and now we are just beating a dead horse. I am Providing alternate part numbers for the remanufactured 05-06 outlander since I discovered the 10+ lancer turbo (not evo) models use the new numbers. Not sure if you're aware of this but in 2010 Mitsubishi stopped releasing ALL interchange rights. Car-part is completely useless in trying to locate these newers calipers because they do not return an interchange number at all on any of the newer stuff.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back