1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Unstale rpm's (not only at idle)

Posted by Myristica, May 10, 2014

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. Myristica

Myristica Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Antwerp, Europe
    Hi all,

I started my car today for the first time in almost two weeks. I had to repair a broken wire leading to my transistor causing my car to run on only 2 cilinders. I repaired a boost leak caused by worn 0-rings from my injectors.

The battery has been disconnected for a while.

At idle the engine is running about 1000rpm but every few seconds it makes a very small jump.

When I put my feet on the throttle it can't hold the rpm's stable, it's much worse than when idling. The throttle response it not so great either, it feels like there is some delay in the response. Both when pressing down and releasing.

:sosad:

I made 2 video's:

at idle View attachment th_VIDEO0020.jpg

when pushing on the throttle: View attachment th_VIDEO0021.jpg

2. TurkF26

TurkF26 Supporting VIP

Joined Sep 6, 2003
    vacaville, California
    Does the car drive fine and the RPM gauge is just funky and acting up or does the car not have power / throttle response is crap? I saw your post about the throttle response but not sure if you are referring to how fast the gauge responds when you step on the accelerator pedal or the car itself doesnt respond.

You most likely have bad or going back Throttle Position sensor, its not installed correctly, and /or you ISC is going out too. You may also have a wiring issue because the way that RPM gauge moves and is kinda jittery is not normal. It should be smooth through all the RPM's. I would check all wiring first, check all ground cables, etc... and make sure something didnt get uncovered and is grounding out / Mass Airflow Sensor is hooked up and wires are not damaged too.

Will the car drive and move at all?