The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Unstale rpm's (not only at idle)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myristica

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2011
Antwerp, Europe
Hi all,

I started my car today for the first time in almost two weeks. I had to repair a broken wire leading to my transistor causing my car to run on only 2 cilinders. I repaired a boost leak caused by worn 0-rings from my injectors.

The battery has been disconnected for a while.

At idle the engine is running about 1000rpm but every few seconds it makes a very small jump.

When I put my feet on the throttle it can't hold the rpm's stable, it's much worse than when idling. The throttle response it not so great either, it feels like there is some delay in the response. Both when pressing down and releasing.

:sosad:

I made 2 video's:

at idle
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

when pushing on the throttle:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Does the car drive fine and the RPM gauge is just funky and acting up or does the car not have power / throttle response is crap? I saw your post about the throttle response but not sure if you are referring to how fast the gauge responds when you step on the accelerator pedal or the car itself doesnt respond.

You most likely have bad or going back Throttle Position sensor, its not installed correctly, and /or you ISC is going out too. You may also have a wiring issue because the way that RPM gauge moves and is kinda jittery is not normal. It should be smooth through all the RPM's. I would check all wiring first, check all ground cables, etc... and make sure something didnt get uncovered and is grounding out / Mass Airflow Sensor is hooked up and wires are not damaged too.

Will the car drive and move at all?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back