The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo coolant return

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildwomper

Probationary Member
Mar 31, 2018
Houston, Texas
Alright so I’m installing an oil cooled only turbo. With this I’ve come to need to block off all the coolant lines that go to the turbo. This is on a 1g a with the return to the water pipe. I know how to do everything and I have a plan but I just need to know the thread pitch or fitting type that the coolant return from the turbo uses to go into the water pipe. I would like to plug it for cross compatibility instead of welding it shut or buying an N/T pipe. Thanks.

16mm x 1.5, you'll have to cut such a bolt very short to keep it from bottoming out before it's seated and use a copper washer unless you're lucky enough to find a tapered plug that size.

Not that it matters in this case, but the water pipe source is actually the coolant feed for the turbo being that the water pipe contains coolant that has already passed through the radiator and the lines are set up to flow cool-to-hot (thermostat housing) so the coolant will continue to move after the engine is turned off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back