The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Turbo Boost Creep Creeping T25 14B 16G [Merged]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok, so education time for me...I thought vaccuum was vaccuum.

I am planning on nippling the J-pipe to get proper reading but what's the difference between vaccum points..

And FYI, here are my vaccuum connections...

Right nipple on manifold - T'eed to Boost Gauge
Left nipple on manifold - To BOV
FPR - To EBC

Thanks for the clarification Oldman!

It was unlimited boost...

I hooked up the WGA line to the FPR T and held a strong 10psi ROFL
Thanks again guys!

Props to all of you

my car will sputter whenever you make any kind of boost or give it gas open to any kind of ideas to fix it

RRF900RR said:
I've got a question about boost creep. What does it feel like? My car will start to cut out when I am accelerating hard when the rpms hit 4,000 or more. The problem seems to get more pronounced the higher the rpms get. This problem started after I installed my xbc boost controler. I have installed alot of bolt on parts in the last month so I don't know which one of the parts could be attributing to the problem any help that can be given would be much appreciated. Thanks :confused:

I had a friend with a TSI around your year that had the same or similar problem. It felt like his car was choaking when he tried giving it any boost past 4000rpms. You might want to do a boost leak test and make sure all of your exhaust connections are secure and you don't have any big exhaust leaks.

Back then I didn't have the knowledge i do now so we didn't perform a boost leak test or check for exhaust leaks. Good luck, let us know what's up.

RRF900RR said:
I've got a question about boost creep. What does it feel like? My car will start to cut out when I am accelerating hard when the rpms hit 4,000 or more. The problem seems to get more pronounced the higher the rpms get. This problem started after I installed my xbc boost controler. I have installed alot of bolt on parts in the last month so I don't know which one of the parts could be attributing to the problem any help that can be given would be much appreciated. Thanks :confused:

When you checked your aftermarket boost gauge as IPT suggested, what was it showing? If your boost quickly rose to a very high boost pressure, than what you have is uncontrolled boost. If this is the case, I would check and make sure your MBC is connected properly - one port of the MBC should be designated as the boost source connection, while the other port of the MBC is designated as the connection to the wastegate actuator. If you have these connected backwards, this will probably result in uncontrolled boost.

EDIT: Wow... I just noticed that this thread began back in 2002!

im running a 14b on my 2g gsx. 3" dp and exhaust no cat. boost creep is killing me bad. its not even a slow build up of boost. i had it set at 11psi today and hit fuel cut around 21psi.. trying to test out the fmic.. but didnt wanna blow anything up.. so do u think by porting exhaust manifold(which i have) and a ported o2 housing would cure it?

Boost creep can also result from low performing cams from my research. If your turbo is pushing too much air, but the engine can't do anything with it, you might simply have too much boost. Just a thought. Cams can address this problem. It's not a fix, but perhaps a possible solution.

Mods:
Injen Intake
Greddy BOV
2.75" Turboback Exhaust
Joe P MBC
14b Turbo

Ok here's the problem, I've been having boost creep for a while now and finally got my mbc. I hooked it up, correctly, and still can't stop the boost creep. I've done several pulls, in all gears and get creep up to 20 psi. I always instantly let off but I can't seem to stop it. What do you suggest for fixing this problem. Also, why wouldn't the mbc be able to elimate this problem? I have the Joe P IL mbc.

Thanks in advance

Porting the turbine housing as well as O2 housing will help with boost creep.

So will dumping the 02. And porting the wastegate flapper area. And dropping in 10:1 pistons. haha. Kind of weird after you installed the boost controller. Where did you hook it up at? Do you have it adjusted properly? Do you have the pinhole on the back of it semi-covered?

Ok i have been geting ready to race the fianl race of the year, which is sat. I recently got 650's and SAFC2 installed about 2 weeks ago. I had the best tuner in ID tune my car. During the tune all was good. We got a half decent tune at 17psi with no creep. But during the process we blew an IC pipe. So we called it a day. A week goes buy and i fix the bead on the IC pipe to prevent it blowing off. I go back and we start to tuning again at 17psi. During the week i was getting the IC pipe fixed. i touched nothing but the IC pipe. And now my boost is creeping all the way to like 24psi. I have had no problem creeping ever with this car since ive owned it. Some say its the 3" turbo back, but still ive never experienced boost creep, until today. What would be causing it to boost creep out of no where? Im trying to get my first race ever done in this car, and now this happends. I chaecked all the vac lines coming too and from the WG, MBC, BOV and they all looked fine.
Ive been running these mods and setup for about 6 months(minus 650's and safc2) with no creep at all!!!!!!!!! WHY NOW IS MY QUESTION?

MODS
ported out EVO III 16g, XS-power FMIC, short route IC piping, Greddy RS BOV, Hahn 3" o2, Hahn 3" down pipe eliminating the cat, 3" thermal R&D cat back, ported stock manifold, walbro 190, AFPR w/liquid filled gauge, injen intake, K&N FIPK, hallman pro MBC, brand new OEM tranny, ACT2600 clutch, under the hood shift kit, short shifter, autometer cobalt boost gauge, 1g black-top CAS, SAFC2, FIC650's, pocketlogger

thanks

ryno said:
Ok ill try but I didnt see any cracks in the lines whatso ever. And the Hallman Pro is basically new.

My cousin had to replace a cracked O-ring on his because it was spiking pretty high, I've never had one apart so I don't know where the o-ring is. It can't be too difficult though. I'd inspect it just to eliminate the possibility that the boost controller is the problem.

Ok, ill see if i can bum one off a freind. The MBC does seem to work tho, cause as i asjust it the initial psi oges down. But then no matter where i set it the psi creeps to about 20-24.

How has the weather doing down there?

The reason I ask is that large variations in temperature can promote boost creep due to the increased air density. My old ported 14b setup behaved that way. When it was above 40 degrees, and boost was set to 16 PSI, the level of creep was below the 16PSI limit, so it did not appear to creep. Any time it got below 40 degrees, it would creep above 16PSI. The colder it was, the more creep would come on. At 15-20 degrees in the winter time, over 20PSI was not a problem.

Seeing as you're in the midwest, and the temperature has gone from indian summer to too damned cold, that might have something to do with it.

How warm was it when you were tuning? How about now?

Matt.

It was probally about 75' when we did the first tuning. And now has been roughly 65-60' out.
I now a a pte50 trim in the mail tho. So im no longer worried.:thumb:

Look at my vehicle profile and see list of mods. I got boost creep at like 5k rpms. I don't have a ported O2 housing, but if I get one ported or a o2 dump will it help it or will I have to port my wastegate. Remember its a T-25 and I haven't found any posts on boost creep on a T-25. I did remove my boost restrictor plug, but I don't think thats the problem only gives like 1-2 psi.

PLEASE HELP! I can't floor it and race anyone LOL!

-Kyle

I am not sure so if anyone can elaborate or say if this is wrong but can't a sticking waste gate actuator be that?

Get a ported out o2 housing or port your's by yourself. The problem you have is that your wastegate isint flowing enough air out because of the resctictions in the 02 housing. The 3" exhaust can flow more than your o2 housing so you get boost creep.

Its not good. I have the same problem, i hit 21lbs the other day briefly and hit fuel cut. Which sucks. Your wastegate actuator could also be stuck but I doubt it.

If you are feeling up to it you can also pull the turbo and port out the wastegate passage on the turbine housing. Check the VFAQ to see how to do it.

You could have a broken vacuum line on the wastegate side. Did you forget to hook up the vacuum lines after you pulled the BCS restirctor out? Did you break the BCS in any way. I bet that or somewhere around that is your problem. Hope this helps. Let me know, Keith.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back