The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Tube front end

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerettaDan

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 19, 2009
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I bought a shell with a Ms cage in it and want to build a tube front end. I would like for it to be a extension of the cage. I bought a bender and it came with a 1 1/2” die. The cage is bigger tubing 1 5/8”. My question is would the be a problem with track rules we’re adding smaller tubing outside the passenger compartment. I read somewhere before it didn’t matter but I would be welding to the cage. I know someone is going to say buy bigger tubing but I have the die already and 1 1/2 dom laying around at work that’s not going to be used.

most reg i have read say that the main tube has to be 45mm or your 1 5/8. is bigger. anything outside of this and some support sizes can be 38mm which is 1 1/2" so you will be fine putting 38mm past the main cage. the tie it into the chassis and triangulate it properly and you will be good. weld it nicely and long passes and not spot welding as they wont like that and would be more professional if its welded in longer runs vs spots and stronger too

Thanks the welding is not the problem I just didn’t want to do through all of the fab work and not be able to pass tech. I knew I read it somewhere but have not been able to find it again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back