The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Trying to make sense of my 2g GSX Auto Transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norcalgsx707

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2012
lake county, California
So I talked to the guy I got my 1995 Auto GSX and He tells me that when he had the car he had a transmission shop rebuild the transmission. He then said that he ordered a JDM transmission from Texas, and the guy at the shop swapped the parts out of the JDM Trans into the current stock transmission. So when I got the car he told me that the Lock cylanoid was bad and needed replacing, I replaced the cylanoids and still got a TQ lock up CEL, I opened the Valve body put in a new IPT shift kit, a new VB Plate,and cleaned all the holes,valleys,ect, and finally got the CEL to go off. My question is if he ordered a JDM trans and had the parts put into the stock trans would that create any problems? would It be possible to use the parts from the JDM trans, and still have the stock Lock up TQ converter and all the other internals installed and running normal? Will any of these parts effect my transmission response time or are Auto's slow w/o being modded? Also just for reference my current trans has the follwing number on it :W4A33K1UPQ2 Thanks and look forward to some good responses

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back