The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

trying to get the most power out of my engine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defrag010

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2004
n/a, Alabama
hey guys.
i have two cars. one is a 90 tsi and its my daily driver getting a stock rebuild. my other car is a 91 gst that is getting mods. ive been planning what i want to do and ive decided that i want to fit 2g pistons on the rods, arp hardware, and a metal headgasket. ive done alot of research but i havent been able to find a solid answer on what the most power a shortblock like im buliding can make. all i can find are the stock 6 and 7 bolt power numbers. assuming i have perfect engine management and precise tuning, would my 2g/1g shortblock take 450wtq reliably?

Assuming it's built correctly and you don't do anything stupid with the tuning, yes. 450 hp is doable. IIRC that combo has gone up to about 525hp. Have fun!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back