The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Transfer case leaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcmuscle3

Proven Member
Sep 18, 2013
Tazewell, Virginia
Hey guys my transfer case is leaking fluid;/ i cant hardly tell where it is coming from is the crappy thing. Il keep searching. I may just purchase all new seals and put them in. How time consuming would that be?

Once the transfer case is out, about a 10 minute job

thanks. Now just how long does it take to take the transfer case out:/ is it overkill to replace all seals at once? or should i just find which one is leaking?

Depends on your tools. You need to drop the downpipe off the Turbo, then loosen the 5-bolts to drop the xfer case. Faster with an impact (for the exhaust).

awesome, i feel certain its my t case because of the blue fluid which is prob shockproof?

Feel like? Because of? Youre asking how to fix a problem you havent fully diagnosed. Find the root cause and fix that. If its transfer case seals thats easy. Output shaft a little harder but not that bad. My point is even though its cheap 20 $? If you do this and it doesnt fix it you will have wasted time and 20 $. At least clean it up so you have a more educated guess than just blue fluid.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back