The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Transfer Case?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green98civic

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 13, 2011
Abingdon, Maryland
I just got back from taking my 2g Eclipse GSX out for about a hour. The last 15-20 mins of the drive I could hear a metal on metal sound 3-4 times coming from the center console area. It would come and go. I can also feel a vibration in the pedal too. Is the transfer case on the way out?

Did you feel any rocking or shaking every few minutes or so? Like the car would lose 5 mph and then speed up?

I ask this because this is what happened to me right before my TCase locked up doing 60MPH. Not fun...

But if you're worried about it, get underneath the car and make sure nothing's leaking and theres oil in the TCase

Cant say I felt rocking or shaking. Come to think about it it did feel like my car would lose power and then catch up. Sorry to hear about your TCase locking up at that rate of speed. I'm sure it scared the shit out of you. Theres nothing leaking from the transfer case when I got underneath it. Where did you end up getting a TCase from?

Cant say I felt rocking or shaking. Come to think about it it did feel like my car would lose power and then catch up. Sorry to hear about your TCase locking up at that rate of speed. I'm sure it scared the sh** out of you. Theres nothing leaking from the transfer case when I got underneath it. Where did you end up getting a TCase from?

Sure did haha, the car sat for about a year after that. I got mine locally off Craigslist from a Part Out. I would give Miller Import parts a call. Great guy, I've gotten a lot of stuff from him, I'm sure he'll have a TCase.

But I would definitely double check to make sure there's fluid in the TCase, just dip you pinky finger in the fill hole. Quick check could save you from what happened with me.

I will check in the morning about that. Yea ive dealt Steve Miller before, He is a great guy. Thanks again man

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back