The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Top radiator hose bloated

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josejoe

Probationary Member
Mar 18, 2013
Madisonville, Texas
I do have a tiny bit of vapor coming from exaust but I know the head gasket isn't bad. I've ran a combustion leak test, a cooling system pressure test and a compression test and the car was good with all of them. It's not over heating but the upper hose gets extremely hard. I recently changed the thermostat. The radiator cap is ".9" any ideas of whats going on

It says .9 on top. And when I did the pressure test it was at a normal level on the gauge. I spoke to a local mechanic and he said if the gauge went into the red zone that then I had problems. And I will check the lower one as soon as I get home

On top of the cap it says .9 which is thirteen psi which is where it was at when I ran the pressure test

Compression tests time.

Or just go rent the tool that checks your cooling system for combustion gasses.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back