The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Tools needed axle removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcjjones

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
Austin, Texas
retty sure I have a broke shify fork or rail, car is stuck in two gears. Its now stuck at my house gunna have a buddy tow me up to my shop but the only way I can think of is to removr my axles. All my yools are at the shop and I dont recall everything i need to take them out

Anyone know for sure a complete set needed to remove the axles?

Sawzall! LOL Jack, 19mm socket with rachet, 17mm wrench, 19mm wrench, hammer, 14mm wrench, 14mm socket with ratchet, flat head screw driver or small prybar, and I think its a 27mm socket for the axel nuts. Also some PB blaster of some sort and a long cheater bar for the axel nuts.

Well, why don't you simply disconnect your lower control arms from the subframe and frame mounting points, disconnect the strut from the lower control arm and pull axle out of trans, unbolt the halfshaft from the engine block and disconnect from trans.

Well, why don't you simply disconnect your lower control arms from the subframe and frame mounting points, disconnect the strut from the lower control arm and pull axle out of trans, unbolt the halfshaft from the engine block and disconnect from trans.

On a 1g I've always removed the wheels, removed the 2 strut bolts, and unbolted the axle. You can then pull them right out of the trans.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back