1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Tires

Posted by 609DSM, Oct 21, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. 609DSM

609DSM Proven Member

Joined Aug 13, 2019
    Princeton, New Jersey
    Need new all seasons for my daily gs, has 3g wheels on it for some reason. They came with the car. I think they ugly but whatever.

Can anyone recommend some solid all season tires? Looking for something that is going to be worth my money and last but not trying to go all out.

Street Build 141  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. BLACK'98DSM

BLACK'98DSM Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2019
    Hoover, Alabama
    DO NOT BUY WESTLAKE TIRES.

I bought these last year and they don't have traction worth sh** dry or wet. Can't climb hills without doing an accidental burnout when it's wet. Can't launch off the line with burning out at the track even when its dry and the tires are warm.

Road Race Build 2K  25

fwd · manual · 2G DSM

338  3

2012 Murray Explorer Dune
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

253  6

2009 Troy Bilt Bronco
    609DSM likes this.
  3. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    You get what you pay for. It's the ONLY thing between you and the road. There is a reason OEM's choose Goodyear Michelin bridgetone etc

Street Build 3K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Jk's97DSM, 609DSM and BLACK'98DSM like this.
  4. BLACK'98DSM

BLACK'98DSM Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2019
    Hoover, Alabama
    I was trying to save a little $ because they have good reviews, but apparently those reviewers were either fake or senseless. Buy something name brand for sure.

Road Race Build 2K  25

fwd · manual · 2G DSM

338  3

2012 Murray Explorer Dune

253  6

2009 Troy Bilt Bronco
  5. 609DSM

609DSM Proven Member

Joined Aug 13, 2019
    Princeton, New Jersey
    I might get these kumho 4x II. In another thread people were saying these were good tires. Obviously I'm not turbo awd or anything so top performance isnt my goal. I need a good daily set of tires that will grip well. I'm a safe driver as well, been in a lot of accidents so I've certainly learned from experience.

Anyway, my tires are fubar at the moment :( but these kumho 4x II are like 330 for all four from discount tires.

Street Build 141  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    BLACK'98DSM likes this.
  6. Jmiller32

Jmiller32 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 9, 2017
    Troy, Ohio
    Ohtsu by Falken. Amazon has them prime for great prices. Wonderful all around

188  3

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    BLACK'98DSM and 609DSM like this.
  7. Lifesave

Lifesave Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 13, 2019
    Estero, Florida
    Check out the continental lines, I have the conti Extreme contacts on four cars love them and worth every penny regular contacts are good too

237  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder N/T
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
    609DSM and Jmiller32 like this.
  8. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    St. Charles, Illinois
    I've had several sets of Continental Extreme Contact DWS on my Eclipse over the years. I can second that recomendation.

3K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
    609DSM likes this.
  9. 609DSM

609DSM Proven Member

Joined Aug 13, 2019
    Princeton, New Jersey
    Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna pick up some continentals when I get the money. I was driving home last night in the rain and I just slowly started to hydroplane left at 60mph, like I said I've been in many wrecks. Needless to say my heart dropped... glad I got home safe though haha.

Street Build 141  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  10. Jk's97DSM

Jk's97DSM Proven Member

Joined Apr 27, 2006
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I’ve heard pretty good things about the Federal 595r’s as far as price and driving. I wouldn’t put any ping pong tires on anything but beaters. The quality of rubber and construction makes them wear out early or have issues. Also when you get a set get an alignment. That will save you having them wear uneven and having to replace them.

Street Build 384  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM
    609DSM likes this.