The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

The RAVEN: An 8s street car journey continues! (PT.4) *PMs answered inside*

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSimage

Supporting VIP
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, California
I guess this part of the post is where I reply to PMs.

I was asked about the cage main hoop and a pillar bars so I took a few more pics and hopefully these are the ones you wanted... :hmm:

As far as the main hoop, yes it does pretty much touch the body. I'm not sure of any rules that say there must be a specific amount of gap there, but I did get certified previously if that means anything:

dsc_0079.jpg

Also from that picture you can see how the door bars are designed. They don't swing out. (The bar does pivot though so that when you take that top pin out the bar will fall down towards the floor making it easy to get in and out) I like the way swingouts work allowing you to get in and out of the car bur due to operate size/height the main hoop sit farther back than most which inturn makes it invisible from outside the car:

dsc_0104.jpg

As far as the A pillar bars, they are pretty crazy... They ride down, hugging the pillar than due to the body shape they are slightly bent to clear behind the dash and then angle down:

7bb6282e.jpg

Attention to detail is on an OCD level but I can appreciate it, I need all the space I can get and the stealthiness helps with the cops.

The last interior related question I was asked was about the separate fuse box and what its for/ where it goes.

DSCF0593.jpg

Well that particular fuse box is for all the accessories such as gauges, fans, the NOS system, etc etc. Nothing nonOEM is wired into the sh*tty factory wiring harness.

Plenty of those wires lead to the relay panel behind the A/C controls:

8af9abf9.jpg

Those guys are then hooked to the front "fire" panel:

DSCF0582.jpg

Hopefully that answered your questions, if they didn't PM me again and post up with possibly some pics so I know what you were asking.

Thanks for your time guys.. The next stretch of progress will most likely be on finishing up the wiring for the engine bay wire tuck and shave.

Next up however will be some Galant updates since she's almost ready to fire. :applause:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back