The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

The correct bulbs for gauge cluster

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just about every thread that you search will tell you to get bulb 74 for your little Toshiba V-2 sockets for your gauge cluster.

This is not the correct bulb size. Do not waste your time buying the 74 bulb.

A 74 bulb will fit VERY tightly into the socket, so tight that it will expand/swell the socket to the point that you can't even reinstall it back into the cluster. You could theoretically expand the hole in the gauge cluster or dremel the Toshiba V-2 socket so that there is less material, but why even bother with that when you can get the correct bulb in the first place.

If you need to replace a gauge cluster bulb, make sure you purchase the 2723 bulb. This bulb fits perfectly into the Toshiba V-2 socket and installs just like the OEM bulbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, just bringing this up as I have some dark spots on m new-to-me GST. All of the writeups do indeed say 74. In fact, the superbrightleds website even sends you to the 74 as a replacement. Any input on that? Do the 74 LEDs fit differently?

Also, does anyone know why my car might not have bulbs in the coolant level and SRS (secondary) bulb locations? No V-2 base, no nothing. Just holes.

Can't comment on the LED install. I bought regular bulbs for mine.

Just replaced several bulbs, so here's my feedback as of March 2022. The 74 wedge bulbs fit very very nicely.

I replaced my "Service Engine Soon" light as it seemed burned out. I didn't want it to be 3 LED bright, so I got white single LED bulbs. Those fit as described above. They're "fatter" and push out the V-2 T5 twist lock bases a good bit. They still fit, but some force is required.

Now to do the rest of the light bulbs as I really dig the red.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back