The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Td06sl2 20g expectations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allmine104

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm having Austin on here build a Td06sl2 20g in a 3 in compressor housing with a 7cm turbine housing...what's some guesstimates on what to expect...did alotta searching on here but not found what I'm looking for...nobody seems to run this combo? Also Austin is doing some extras to the compressor and turbine housings to aid in hopefully some more lb/per min;)
Thanks for ya help guys;)

I have the exact same turbo built by Austin but with a billet compressor wheel.
I'm on 91 pump gas here and I'm seeing 45.7lbs (@ 7k) at only 18.8psi. Boost starts coming on around 2.5k rpms and I'm at full boost by around 3.7k. This is on a 2.4L with Evo III intake and FP1 cams.
I'll be running 50/50 meth/water injection soon and then we'll see what this thing can do at 24-27psi. It's really rich and low timing in this snapshot I know; was just starting a new tune. Now I'm seeing about 405hp in the Link estimate with it tuned. Exactly what I was hoping for with a bolt-on turbo on straight piss 91 pump gas.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a 6 bolt 2.0 with 2g pistons light clean up in intake and exhaust ports stock valves Manley single springs web cam 546/547 cams Forrester intake manifold keydiver chip for Fic 750's walbro 255 1.1 fpr....

I was hoping to see close to 50 lb/min...

Well give me some pointers then guy;)...I'm putting the car back together as we speak. I'm running a upgraded sidemount from a 2000 vw golf only had to change the outlet to the other side of the tank;)

I'm running a upgraded sidemount from a 2000 vw golf only had to change the outlet to the other side of the tank;)

Alright, I NEED PIC'S!!! :D
I'm was going to do a Supra side-mount for my other car but I am very interested in what you've done here. Please post some pic's of what you've done with this.

As for suggestions, I say run it. I think you will be happy with the turbo though it should spool a few hundred rpm later than mine, I think you will really like it. You're going to be right at the max of those 750's. I'm running PTE 880's (= FIC 850) and I'm at 75% DC already @ 18psi.

Last edited by a moderator:
My last talon had a maxed out 20g setup. The main ingredients were a big fmic, built block with raised compression, 272 cams, straight exhaust, and most important to any small turbine turbo, e85.

Well give me some pointers then guy;)
I can't tune your car for you.

Regarding the turbo, the person building the turbo for you should be able to answer any specific questions you may have. I'm not here to sell turbos for everyone else; just state the facts.

Thanks for all the pointers guys...I wasn't lookin for somebody to tune my car... I was just wondering what to expect...it's my first Dsm and first experience with MHI turbos. I came from turbo hondas and got tired of doing burnouts all the time...My last Honda had a hx35 on it tho;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back