1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

TD06 exhaust turbine outlet pipe

Posted by pat white, Mar 2, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. pat white

pat white Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2017
    West Bay, NL, Canada
    I am looking to source an outlet pipe for a TD06 exhaust housing ...it has a piston type ring seal that fits inside the housing...here is a post of a similar exhaust housing ...as you can see it is neither vband or bolt up..can't seem to find any info TD06.jpg

Street Build 311  1

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    I would recommend having a shop make something up or swapping to a different housing.

Might be similar to a marmon flange, just uses a retaining ring internally? Personally it sounds pretty leak-prone to me.

Street Build 617  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

640  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 1K  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 3K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. Canadian_CD9A

Canadian_CD9A Proven Member

Joined Feb 10, 2012
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    That does not look like a TD06 turbine inlet, or turbo really.
    If the turbine outlet does indeed look like that, I'd be welding a v-band on it or something because there is no way you would figure out an easy solution that doesn't leak. But truthfully the fix would probably cost just as much as that turbo did.