The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Help with Turbine Outlet to Downpipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Eby

Probationary Member
Sep 2, 2020
Mankato, Minnesota
Hopefully this isnt too much of a newb question, but i have done a ton of searching and cant find the right info. So I purchased a Big T28 from Justin Whitesell and a full Turbo Back Thermal R&D exhaust system from Rix Racing. The downpipe is custom and has a v-band with 2 O2 bungs already welded in. What is my best option to connect these? It would be nice to keep the v-band on the downpipe, but I am not finding anything that will work. So maybe I need to modify the downpipe?

I am willing to pay for something fabricated if someone can point me in the right direction.

Any advice is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
You'll most likely need to modify the downpipe and have a flange welded on to mate up with the O2 housing flange. Otherwise, a new downpipe, if the connection to the catback portion of the exhaust is standard, may be easier.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back