The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

tach not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBM4G63

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
IllinoisUS
I just got a engine transplant. My 1st engine blew, so i bought a new one. After the transplant....today. I can not get the tach to work. All the cables are connected, but i will not work. Any ideas? Or just get a autometer tach? Please help me.:dsm:

I looked at all the electrical conections, but I have not looked at the fueses. But i think that I might get a autometer tach. I am going to look and figure it out for another week, but if nothing happens then i am going to get an autometer tach.

if you get an autometer tach its really easy to hook up all i did was spice into the white wire going into the stock tach and then for the light use the power on the dimmer switch and for the power there are a couple that have power on the fuse box when the car is on then ground it and your done. id say go with aftermarket its easier.

for my tach (5" APC indi-glo with shift light) i ran the tach signal wire to the white wire from the coil pack it was madd easy, then for power i wired it to the ignition fuse so i get the glo whenever the car is on and grounded it to the body, hope that helps

But if your not getting a tach signal than your new tachometer wont git one either, if you git my drift. You said you checked all the connections.. I know the tach connection is on the support brace behind the intake... try there. I went crazy tryin to find out why mine didnt work... that was it... it wasnt connected. There is also a connector on the fire wall to insert a portable tach, like a engine diagnostic unit. This should git a signal... if not... well the problem runs deeper.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back