The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Swapped 98 ECU into 97 and received a check engine light.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rikolas

10+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2012
Seabeck, Washington
Hey so I recently bought a black box ecu for my tsi awd. It came from a 98 gsx. I swapped it and then received a check engine light . Evap code. Swapped it back to my old ecu, no cel. Could one ecu be bad?

I had that problem once then I found out the ecus have nothing to do with it. 98 and 99 have more emission parts then the rest of 97 96 95 that's why when you hook up the 98 black ecu throws a CEL on older DSMs

Okay thank you for the responses guys. Sorry it took so long for me to reply, because I just recently ran into another problem with the car. Will do some research and there may possibly be another post here soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back