The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Support Mods for 16G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaWaZat

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I'm considering a 16G & AMS FMIC upgrade to my '97 GS-T. Will I be out of any danger, for now, in a drag racing situation w/my current support???;

Walboro 255HP
3" Cat Back
Crushed 1G BOV
Boost Controller

...stock injectors, no fuel control...yet

WaWaZat said:
I'm considering a 16G & AMS FMIC upgrade to my '97 GS-T. Will I be out of any danger, for now, in a drag racing situation w/my current support???;

Walboro 255HP
3" Cat Back
Crushed 1G BOV
Boost Controller

...stock injectors, no fuel control...yet

If you leave the the boost stock or slightly above, yes. If you have a logger, just slowly turn the boost up untill you see bad things begin to happen, then back it off a bit. If you don't have a logger, leave the boost stock for now untill you can get bigger injectors and a fuel controller.

If you don't know how much boost your running, then yes. Get yourself a boost gauge.
With the Walbro, you'll want to get an AFC to help lean you out a bit.
:thumb:

Gotta SPI boost gage intact...no logger however. Currently running 18psi-O-boost according to the SPI. I know an AFC would allow me to lean it out, but right now, it's a budget issue. Just want to make sure with said upgrades, I'm away from any "grenading" danger while at the strip every wkend...for now until more funds can be gathered!

WaWaZat said:
Gotta SPI boost gage intact...no logger however. Currently running 18psi-O-boost according to the SPI. I know an AFC would allow me to lean it out, but right now, it's a budget issue. Just want to make sure with said upgrades, I'm away from any "grenading" danger while at the strip every wkend...for now until more funds can be gathered!

with the 255lph pump, you'll outflow the stock FPR. You NEED a fpr for the 255, if you don't want to go with a fpr, then get a 190lph pump, it will suffice with the 16g.

...but outflowing shouldn't be "dangerous" should it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back