The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Sunroof for Mitsubishi Eclipse 1997 RS (420A)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkPhoria

Proven Member
Feb 24, 2015
South Gate, California
Okay so I'm aware that the sunroofs are no longer available from the Mitsubishi Dealer and so I figured I'd go to the Junk Yard to pick one up. I've found a couple sunroofs but they were for the GS trim, and I have an RS. At first I didn't think it would be a big deal but when I looked at the way the sunroof style was for the GS (or anything other than the RS), it looks much more sophisticated with drain tubes and the structure is just much more different from mine. I've looked everywhere for an RS model but I couldn't find any at all. The control switch for the sunroof was also different from mine. Can anyone confirm that the RS model has a different style sunroof? I would really appreciate it!

I was thinking that is it possible that my sunroof was customized? I called up the previous owner of the car to ask if it was and he said it was all stock.
The glass is a few inches smaller and the controls for the sunroof aren't the same. Would it be possible for me to port over the GS sunroof to my RS? I don't have anywhere to connect the drain tubes to though.... please any thoughts or suggestions.

Also it would bring me great joy if someone can point out a place I can buy them or a website. I live near Los Angeles, CA

The RS is a stripped model. No sunroof, no power anything. The GS is where you step up in creature comforts.

Yours has to be aftermarket.

Thanks for the confirmation. How would I get another aftermarket sunroof to replace it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back