The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Egr Line? 420a Confused 1997 Eclipse RS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acdzbrn

Probationary Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hanford, California
My Car has been Idling strange off and on for the past week... it drive and idles fine most of the time but sometimes when i start it the idle is weak and it just dies unless i hold the gas around 1000 rpm.. i was looking around at the vacume lines maybe i have a leak?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
and saw this... this is my EGR right? and is this hose supose to be so loose it just comes undone with no effort...

sry i'm not really sure how to post the photos they look weird on my screen

You could always just run new vacuum line from one point to the next. Mine was replaced even before I bought it so I don't know. One way to find leaks is to spray carb cleaner all around the vacuum lines while the car is running. If there is a change in the way the car idles then you know to look for a leak. It doesn't take much of the cleaner so don't douse everything.

Is the car throwing any codes for the check CEL?

Do you know where I can find a diagram of vacuum lines ? It's not throwing me any codes at all..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back