The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Sun visor upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HurtsBad

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2012
Chanute, Kansas
I'm looking to upgrade my stock gray Sun visors to a black set preferably in leather or a nice new black material. I have a 99 spyder and considered just shaving the visors but I think I'll just upgrade them instead. Anyone know of other cars that may have compatible visors out there? Maybe the 3g's? I don't want televisions in my visors either. Lol. Thx for any help!

I'm looking to upgrade my stock gray Sun visors to a black set preferably in leather or a nice new black material. I have a 99 spyder and considered just shaving the visors but I think I'll just upgrade them instead. Anyone know of other cars that may have compatible visors out there? Maybe the 3g's? I don't want televisions in my visors either. Lol. Thx for any help!

I know some chrysler sebrings have leather sun visors and they are the same platform as a dodge avenger which I hear is similar to our eclipses. So I would hit the junkyard and see if they'll work.

I know some chrysler sebrings have leather sun visors and they are the same platform as a dodge avenger which I hear is similar to our eclipses. So I would hit the junkyard and see if they'll work.

Thx I'll definitely start there.

You can re-cover them yourself (thats what I did) or an upholstery shop can.

They are compatible. But look at the Sebring coupes, they have Homelink in the visors, if you want it.

You can re-cover them yourself (thats what I did) or an upholstery shop can.

Do you have a write up or maybe just tell us how you did it? I pried my visor open and it looks like it was glued together rather than held together by clips...

Are you saying that the project of refinishing the sunvisors was too large of a project or that you got wrapped up in something else so you didn't have time to do the recovery.

Recovering the visors is easy. Stick a long flat head and pry carefully. Remove old fabric trace the visor on new fabric leaving a bit extra. Use a spray adhesive on fabric and then use jb weld or other epoxy to close the visor. Lay something heavy to help epoxy cure. It was easy. There are write ups already.

The Dodge avengers and Chrysler seabrings have visor mounts with 3 screws, our DSMs only have 2 screws. I've looked at 3g eclipses and I've seen some with a 2 screw mount, and I seem to think I've seen those with a 3 screw mount too, but I could be wrong. The 2 screw mounted ones I saw were in a 3g spyder, but they were too damaged to justify buying them. I have recovered my original visors in black cloth. They look pretty good for a first try.

I made the mistake of picking up a set of avenger visors on a whim, now I have a set to throw out, because they are a 3 hole mount as opposed to the 2 hole. Just have them recovered or try it out yourself. I am.

Recovering the visors is easy. Stick a long flat head and pry carefully. Remove old fabric trace the visor on new fabric leaving a bit extra. Use a spray adhesive on fabric and then use jb weld or other epoxy to close the visor. Lay something heavy to help epoxy cure. It was easy. There are write ups already.

This quick referenece helps me get an idea on how to start on this project. However I have the sun visors with lights in the flip up mirrors. I would like a link to a full writeup if you have one readily available.

Thank you for your time and assistance with this. As I am currently intimidated by tearing my beloved little car apart.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back