The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

strut tower brace recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heff

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2003
GeorgiaUS
Hey guys, I'm looking to get a front and maybe a rear strut tower brace, I have narrowed it down to 3 , HP racing, ractive, or vracing/konig. I can get them all for around $40 from nopi, and they all look good which is half the reason I'm getting one, my question is fitment. I have read some reviews where some of them rub on the hood, or battery tie down, which I really want to avoid, so has anyone had any experiences with the brands I've mentioned? Any input would be appreciated. Also my car is a 98 GS.
thanks
Heff

i have the ractive front upper strut bar. When you put it on the left will fit perfectly and the right wil lhave the prob wit the battery tie down. Fortunatly for me my dad is an engineer and owns a warehouse and has alot of tools that u can use to bore/install and basically do alot of thins wit cars so i took a power drill, some chalk, measure the tie down and sanded it down.

Mark the spot where the battery tie down is and then drill a hole big enuff so it fits. Have fun!

You guys have battery tie downs?.... Lucky bastages, I lost mine a while ago... was wondering where they sell some nice ones? The only ones I have seen are for Hondas :barf: Or is there just the auto part store crap.
Sorry if I moved away from the topic.

i just bought some carbon fiber strut bars from ebay.. they are made by Pilot motorsport... they look good but i dought there will be any difference in strut bars... other than $$$

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back