The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Street Touring Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ileagleracing

Supporting VIP
Sep 27, 2007
OKC, Oklahoma
Is my car too low?
Between a blown front damper and the Ebay strut bar it seems I've been jamming the front left wheel into the frame. Now I have cracks on the drivers side and popped spot welds in both strut towers.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Time to visit the welder.

I also can't help myself, they smell so good:

I would say go stiffer springs but guess your limited on those shocks, if your killing the wheel well with stock arms then your certainky too low for the setup you have going on. There is only so much to gain from going low but too low is taking a step backwards as you dont have enough motion range for it anyway,

I actually raised my car up a small fraction last year, i was not hitting anything but from some checking it happened to show me its a bit better higher for me and so far it feels good, but cars are never ending so im always messing with it and tweeking and thats what you need to do to your setup, adjust height and adjust bumpstops as John says to get it oerfect so nothing causes you issues or damage most of all!

How low is your car? I have the eibach pro kit 1.5" drop springs and I think I would like about half of that back. The rear end is fine, but I also attribute that to the rear shocks having a circlip insert spot that was about an inch higher than the front. (koni yellows, awd revision) The fronts had no such option (just the one location for mounting the circlip) I half want to take them and have them machined so I can raise it an inch.

That car has cu$tom Koni race shocks. Spring rate is nearly unlimited as is valving. 750lb front springs is right around where I would run on a class limited 245 street tire. Maybe 800, max? (I have a set of 800's if you want to try.)

I say its too low. Spring rate shoots up to infinity when you run out of travel and your roll center is probably below ground too. Although, I dont remember your car rolling much. Probably because the inside tires are in the air.

Looked thru my notes and the last time I measured my ride heights they were LF 24.75, RF 24.5, LR 25.25 & RR 25, although I've raised the car slightly since then.
May have to raise it some anyway with the wider wheels, using the same tire size, but since it will be less pinched, it may be "wider", that alone will necessitate raising the ride height.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back