The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Stock alternator amps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ Raydiate

10+ Year Contributor
May 27, 2010
Jacksonville, Florida
I tried to look this up before posting and couldn't Find anything. I am trying to find out what the stock alternator amp rating is. I want to add a wire from the alt to battery but need to find out what size fuse to put inline. I will be using 2g wire to do this. The reason for me to do this is because I am going to be adding 4-6 dry cell batteries and 2 power inverters to the rear of the car to be able to power my DJ equipment (laptop,mixer, 2 1000w powered pa speakers) for 4-5 hrs at a time. I looked on the Mitsubishi site and they just have it listed for sale and not much info on it. Parts stores have them but list anywhere from 85-100amps. If anyone has any info, it would help me out greatly. If I have missed a thread about it :banghead:.

In case you're still searching for the answer, it's 90 amps. I got that info from AllData earlier today.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back