The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Stlock G4cs For Daily Drive Advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miguelmcv

Supporting Member
May 3, 2009
Fresno, California
Hey, I just found a Stock G4cs in the JunkYard out of a 92 Expo.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I took the engine out and inspected.

The Block looks OK, no damage from out side, ether internals, When I removed the oil pan, there were no debris, the oil looks kind of sparkling things in it, (metal shavings), But nothing crazy, the debris where to hard to see in the oil, It was only visible when the sun shines the oil.

The Head gasket was missing a peace between the cylinders, Here you can see how it was.

I open the front cover and the balance shaft belt was broken, It didn't damaged the Timing belt, so there were no bend valves at all.
The pic will tell better.

This is going into my Daily Drive, so no high boosting, Road racing, track or anything like that.

My plan is, to hot tank the block, hone it, resurface, polish the crack and replace ring and bearings (Stock), I was planing on using the stock internals, which I read a thread were it was making around 300hp on Stock G4cs.

My budget is very, very, very tight, But for a daily drive, with an Evo 3 Turbo and maybe a T3 Turbonetic, I don't think I should go with aftermarket pistons.

However, I am worried about the piston shape (Top), I don't know if they might hit the valves.

I am using a Sonata 2.0 Head though.

Any advice on my build, and about the Pistons hitting the valves.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cant use those pistons, compression will be way to high, you need to buy some aftermarket pistons.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back