The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

is this overhall for a daily driver/ occisonal track

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSX97AWD

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2004
Bristol, Pennsylvania
My 97gsx spun rob bearing and i am looking for new engine, I am leaning towards a 7 bolt stroker setup. I was wondering if this is to much from a daily driver, i will be driving it to and from college 200+ miles every once and while. or would a built 6bolt be better?
Slowboy racing 2.4L 4G64 Stage II Long Block

Mitsubishi 4G64 Block
2.4L Crankshaft
87mm Bore
Eagle H-Beam Rods
Wiseco Forged Pistons
New Topline Front Cover w/ Oil Pump Gears
Balance Shaft Eliminator Kit
New TRW Water Pump
Motor Mount Driver Side
Cometic Head Gasket
ARP Head Studs
Timing Belt Kit Fully Installed and Timed
Mitsubishi 4G64 Cam Gears
Comp 101200 Cams (Larger Models Also Available for NON STREET CARS)
4G63 Oil Pan
Oil Pickup Tube

Now for the head!

SBR Stage V Head

• 100% Hot Tanked
• Fully Pressure Checked
• Competition Valve Job *PLUS*
• Stage V Port Work
• New Valve Stem Seals
• Stainless Steel Swirl Polished, and Undercut Valves
• New Valve Guides
• Manley Springs
• Manley Titanium Retainers
• Fully Decked Head Surface
• New OEM Exhaust Manifold Studs

Well, it goes without saying that you don't *NEED* the 2.4L and a crazy race head on your car, it's just a matter of how bad you want all the low-end a stroker gives you, and what your goals are at the track. With a 16g, the 2.4L and race head seem more than a little mismatched. A 2g piston/1g big rod setup will never be maxed out on that turbo, and you can use the money you save to buy DSMlink and fuel mods, and have money left over. The 2.0 spools the 16g fast enough already as well.

IMO there's no better time than now for you to do a six-bolt swap- honestly it's not that hard, once you order the parts you need.

Justin

Well they reason for the 16g is beacuase the motor was running the t25 and i did a turbo upgrade, 200 miles later spun rod bearing, the engine had 109 on it in the first place, so it was kinda like putting more musle on an old leg. Right now i am trying to find the an engine to swap, i dont know how to build so i am look for a long block, with some some forged internals something like ross pistons, eagle rods, cevet77 bearings. I am looking for something strong so it will be reliable, also for upgrading posiblitys. I know i probley will max out the 16g and move up to a t3/t4 setup eventualy. Also i have about 5g to spend. I am just looking for something i can run like 12's and have it be reliable. Thats why i went with the 2.4 beacuse i though it would be fast and reliable and have a good upgrade possibliltys. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks

If you are serious about a stroker motor , My buddy is selling a fully built stroker complete minus the turbo for $5,000. Brand new, Never installed, 0 miles. He just got it built, And wants to sell it now. He lives in Pa also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back