The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2.4 daily driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachdeagle16

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2004
coosada, Alabama
I was wondering how you guys think that a 2.4 would work for a daily driver? Do you think that it would last? I was going to go with a 2.0 but a buddy of mine has a 2.4 bottom end that is completly built and balanced that he will give me for $1100

My set up would consist of:
Evo 3 16g
2g manifold and 02 housing
550cc injectors
walbro 190 fuel pump
fmic
greddy rs bov
act 2600\lightend flywheel
Eagle rods\weiseco pistons
maft\translator
3" turbo back exhaust

It will be fine. It's not anything special, it will function just like any other motor. Just take care of it and do proper maintenance.

edit: you may want to run 650's with that turbo. it will leave more room to tune, and future ventures.

Go ahead and buy some 1000cc injectors and dsmlink then you'll not need to get injectors for a long time. Not to mention dsmlink is very pricesise, you can either still run MAFT or run 2g MAF which is simple and simplicity is what will keep your car dependable :)

DsMWookie said:
Go ahead and buy some 1000cc injectors and dsmlink then you'll not need to get injectors for a long time. Not to mention dsmlink is very pricesise, you can either still run MAFT or run 2g MAF which is simple and simplicity is what will keep your car dependable :)

I'd guess since the OP is asking about reliability and is looking at a bargain block, he doesn't have a briefcase full of benjamins. 550's would be a mistake to get most likely. And so would 1000's and DSMLink unless you are budgetless.

I allready have to have the 550's, Were you saying that they would not be big enough for the job or that they are not nessecery.

zachdeagle16 said:
I allready have to have the 550's, Were you saying that they would not be big enough for the job or that they are not nessecery.
I run DSMLink, a 4g64, and 660's. With the E16G installed, that I had, I was nearing 95% duty cycles. would venture a guess to say 550's may be slightly too small.

Oh, and my boost was at 15 psi.

Shawn

First off 550's are to small. That 2.4 is going to breathe alot more than a 2.0 with a 16g. 750's are cheap right now and that would be the minimum(safc/link) can adjust for fuel on either of those. If you sell that trash called an AFC you will be half way to dsmlink. I'd rather keep my car off the road for two more months and have a seemless tune than use an AFC to adjust my fuel curve. I'm not saying by any means the AFC can't do it, but its like trying to cut a loaf of bread with an axe! You wanna run a big boy set up then you gotta pay the big boy bills, unless your the bi*** which means big boy is paying your bills.

Do it right the first time and never look back!

You won't be disappointed with the 2.4 displacement is always a nice modification. Just make sure to do it right thats where the real savings of money/time come into play.

I'm not made of Benjamin's either I'm a 22yr old student but I manage to eat some Ramon and spaghetti O's which saves me enough for my wants and needs.

more and more people are going with stroker motors because not many people are having problems with them. (i haven't actually heard of any, but i'm sure they're out there). anyway, i'm running a 2.3 and the extra torque and quicker spool is nice. you'll be fine for now if you get the 2.4. of course, the injectors will eventually need to be upgraded when it's time to up the boost, but you'll be fine till then.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back