The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

starting issues!!! Please Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soillTSI

Probationary Member
Aug 2, 2009
Anna, Illinois
Hey there everyone... got some issues with a 90 TSI AWD. car started fine and ran ok until i parked it about a week ago. Now when i put the key in and turn it over i can hear the ECU click. When i jump a wire from the 12v to the starter itself i can start the car that way (granted the key is on) This is a 5spd awd tsi and have read about the clutch safety and the starter relay, but is that where i should be looking first??

Any help would be aweseom.

Thanks.

first check your starter, autozone has a nifty machine to do this easy to remove, battery, tray and two bolts and a clip wire and a hot terminal nut.... if its not your starter you iginition switch would be my second thought i had the same problem before tho and it was a broke s wire going to the starter... good luck

p_townracer
"BOOSTIN"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back