The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Start but wont stay running!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1995 brian

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2011
Leadville, Colorado
So my 95 gst will start, idle rough for about a second and then die. I replaced the fuel pump and valve cover. Hooked everything back up. Tried it the first time and it started fine and did not stall.after that nothing. Put gas in the tank even put back the old fuel pump back and still the same issues. Idk whats going on. Any ideas.

sounds maybe like a vacuum leak, when you did the valve cover did you pull off any vacuum hoses etc.

also maybe have a friend check the fuel pump when you start the car and make sure all the lines are tight, and nothing is leaking.

Ok so i found out that my car is not producing spark in cylinders two and three. Wtf!!! It just cranks slow now and wont start at all with a fully charged battery. Just two days ago it started but would die like a second after. Now i have no spark in those two cylinders. Anyone know what can be going on. I really need help on this one guys.

Ok so i found out that my car is not producing spark in cylinders two and three. Wtf!!! It just cranks slow now and wont start at all with a fully charged battery. Just two days ago it started but would die like a second after. Now i have no spark in those two cylinders. Anyone know what can be going on. I really need help on this one guys.

I would start going through your ignition in this order

1. Spark Plugs (check to see if they're fouled out and swap the 2 non-firing plugs to the opposite cylinders and check to see if the no spark follows). Replace plugs if necessary.

2. Spark Plug Wires (check them just like 1...With plugs out of the cylinders grounded)

3. Possibility that one of the coil packs is dead (swap your packs from a known good DSM or buy some cheap from wherever "dsmtuners" wink wink ;)

4. Power Transistor (check your power tr unit like 3.) I had a bad power tr on 1 of my dsm's in the past but there was no spark on all 4 cylinders.

5. Cam Position Sensor (if you have a 7 bolt 2gb style cps then this could be where your issue lies) faulty connection or the sensor it self could be malfunctioning.

Go about your no spark in that order...hope I helped.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back