The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Standard ARP Head-studs or L19's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetdsmpwr

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2009
Canton, Michigan
I am building a 6-bolt for my Talon and I don't know if I need L19 head-studs for my setup or if I can just go with the standard ones. This is a budget build so I am trying to save money where I can. I will be running a 1g rod/2g piston combo w/ arp rod bolts and shooting for 500-600 whp. Thanks.

If you are going over 35 psi, I would go with the L19's. I will be shooting for 550 awhp at about 32 psi with standard ARP head studs and ARP rod bolts. 6 bolt with evo 9 pistons.

Well the plan is to run a HX-52 at 26-28 psi. I guess I'll wait till the L19/H11's are on sale. I might as well do it right the first time as 99gst_racer said. However, this motor is pretty cheap and is in a track-only car, so I won't be too upset if something happens to it.

If you are going over 35 psi, I would go with the L19's. I will be shooting for 550 awhp at about 32 psi with standard ARP head studs and ARP rod bolts. 6 bolt with evo 9 pistons.

It's my understanding that it doesn't matter what boost you are running, just hp. More hp = more cylinder pressure. 30 psi on a 16G will be easier on the engine than 28 psi on a HX-52.

Well the plan is to run a HX-52 at 26-28 psi. I guess I'll wait till the L19/H11's are on sale. I might as well do it right the first time as 99gst_racer said. However, this motor is pretty cheap and is in a track-only car, so I won't be too upset if something happens to it.

It's my understanding that it doesn't matter what boost you are running, just hp. More hp = more cylinder pressure. 30 psi on a 16G will be easier on the engine than 28 psi on a HX-52.

Well if you want to get technical then it's lbs/min. as Paul was talking about. I would just get the L19's if your worried about it.

I have run the standard ARP studs with a o-ring block and metal headgasket up to 45psi with no issues making 755AWHP. The O-Rings help alot to seal the gasket.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back