1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ECMlink Stalling problem , log attached

Posted by Gstclipse69, Oct 7, 2014

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Gstclipse69

Gstclipse69 Proven Member

Joined Jun 30, 2006
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Hey guys, I have had an idle/stalling problem for quite some time and have been diligently working on it for some time now. I used to run a block off plate on a 1g throttle body with no isc and fiav but the idle and stalling can not be ignorned anymore. Right now I have a brand new isc and I blocked off the fiav by poping off the freeze plug etc. I just swapped to a 1g nt throttle body as well to rule out any problems with the tb itself. There are No boost leaks. Period. New shaft seals orings, etc. In this log it is just idling in the garage, and on three occasions I give it some gas and then it stalls. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is also a link to a thread I have on the link forums but Im not getting much feedback there. http://www.ecmtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?p=661035#post661035

Attached Files:

602  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  2. gofer

gofer Moderator

Joined Feb 18, 2006
    South Gilbert, Arizona

Street Build 16K  11  61

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    11.634 @ 126.050 · 2G DSM

2K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. Gstclipse69

Joined Jun 30, 2006
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I appreciate the link, but I do not believe the Idle Clamp functions with speed density. At least that is what I was told.

602  0

· 2G DSM
  4. Gstclipse69

Joined Jun 30, 2006
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I think I have remedied the problem thus far. Got a tip that it could be my sd table and in fact that has made the biggest difference of anything. As of now the car does not stall at all, idles a bit high at 1100 or so but its much more driveable now than stalling all over the place.

602  0

· 2G DSM