The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

stalling out

Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stryker979

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2002
Daytona_Beach_Florida
I'd say 3 out of 5 times when i come to a stop in traffic, the rpm will drop below 1 and the car will just stall and stop for no reason. I just got it back from the mechanic after a blown headgasket. I'm pretty sure before it used to idle around 1, now it idles roughly .5-.7. I took it back to the mechanic and he said he checked everything and it should be fine. The problem is still persisting so I'm gonna take it back to him again. Any ideas on why it keeps stalling out when I stop it?

yeah i told the mechanic himself he should try doing that but he said in fuel injected cars the base idle is controlled by computer and he can't adjust it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back