The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Sputters/Stumbles under boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markdr7

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 14, 2008
Denver, Colorado
My 93 talon is having issues when I get into boost it starts to hesitate and stumble. If I keep on the boost, it will sometimes snap out of it and keep going. The car also has a very minor intermitent miss on idle. I did a boost leak test and I found out that the o-rings on the turbo were bad. I rebuilt the turbo and it still is having the same symptoms. Anyone else have an idea that I should try? By the.way the cars stock except for a 3" exhaust.

I did do another one and I didn't find an more leaks. That was my first guess also, but it turned up nothing.

I was thinking plugs and wires. I just wasn't to sure if it would have those symptoms. I guess I could give it a try though. It can't hurt.

It can be a number of things!
You could be getting insane amounts of knock and its pulling the timing!
You could be running too rich, or too lean.
Timing may be off!
Plugs and wires may be bad!

how much boost are you running?
And what are upgrades to you have?
I see you have a ported 14b and a MBC but nothing else to support high boost!

That a different car. The one in question I just recently purchased. It is stock except a 3" exhaust.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back