The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink Speed density wiring confused

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

614talon90

Probationary Member
Jul 11, 2012
Grove city, Ohio
So ever since I purchased my 90 tsi I have been trying to figure out basically the same issue on my car. The car would lean out half way threw boost basically anything over 12 psi. So I started doing some digging and some logging and found out the my map readings were waaaay off. So long story short I started testing wiring going tithe map sensor. Now from my understanding it should have 5v green and red wire going in and 1.6 signal wire coming out with the key on and engine off. Well whoever wired mine up ran a 12 volt wire to it. So it was reading 3.6 with the key on and engine off. So I changed it around wired everything as it should be even traced all the wires goths ecu and checked them all against a wiring Pin out to make sure they were all correct. Went into ecmlink and made sure the correct ecu inputs were selected. But now the car won't run at all. The Only way it will run is if you set the global fuel to almost zero adjustment at which point it will start and idle barely but then go rich and stall when you touch the gas. I've even replaced the 3 bar map a new sensor to make sure that was not the issue. I don't even know where to go next. Any guidance would be very appreciated.

Have you changed anything in your VE table after fixing it? Also is your correct MAP sensor selected in Ecmlink? Posting a log would be awesome actually.

So I changed it around wired everything as it should be even traced all the wires goths ecu and checked them all against a wiring Pin out to make sure they were all correct.

...and now you're logging a valid and proper signal?

614talon90 said:
The Only way it will run is if you set the global fuel to almost zero adjustment at which point it will start and idle barely but then go rich and stall when you touch the gas.

Instead of adjusting global fuel, have you tried adjusting the appropriate VE table cells?

Ok will post a log as soon as I'm home. Yes I selected gm 3 bar in the ecu. And yeah it's weird voltage readings are right on now and map shows 0.2 with the key on and engine off but I cant even get the thing to start with the 5 volt wire running to it only the 12 volt. Unless I adjust the global fuel to almost 0 adjustment. Eculink tells me per my injector size and base fuel pressure I should be around -50% adjustment.

So like he said, leave your global where Ecmlink tells you (are you setting deadtimes as well?) and adjust your VE. Someone attempted to compensate for having a 12v reference by adjusting the VE, so now it's way out of wack with what it should be.

I dont know if this helps at all, but these are the current settings. Like I said with the 12v wire connected it will start and run like this. But with the 5v volt connected it will not do more than sputter while I crank it.

Attachments

• settings.2001.07.07-01.ecm
    4.6 KB · Views: 54
Holy mother of...! that VE table is horrendous. As Tyeler18 stated, someone probably tried to compensate for the MAP signal through the VE table. I'm also betting this is your problem. Do yourself a favor and download a default table and go from there.

v3configs [ECMTuning - wiki]
The default config files are located at the bottom of the link. Just download the latest 1g file (v3.19.40), open, and copy the VE table and paste it to your current log. Alternatively, you could get it from linktools...

Holy crap what the hell happened to my map LOL. This is how it was when I got the car I had never seen a stock one before. I'm for sure going to try this out tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

You guys are my heros. Loaded the new stock VE map on there and it fired right up. Made a few adjustments and it is idling perfect. Thank you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back