The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, and OEM vs SPEC TOB

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just finally got my new SPEC stage 3 clutch today, along with my Fidanza 8 lb flywheel, and some oem parts. The SPEC clutch looks to be of great quality, and the fidanza flywheel looks amazing as expected. I'm taking it to the machine shop to make sure everything is balanced, flat, and to double check the step height on the flywheel. I have a good feeling about it as the Flywheel is CNC machined and the clutch already has counter weights on it as youll see in my pictures. Also i've included a comparison of the OEM throw out bearing vs the one that came with the spec kit. The oem looks a lot better.
Ill update after i get back from the machine shop and get it in and try it all out.
Well heres some pics.

Spec Pressure Plate
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

6-puck Clutch Disc

Close up of a puck on the clutch disc

Amazing looking fidanza flywheel, with the SFI certified sticker

Close up of machining on flywheel

Back of both TOBs OEM is on top

Close up of the front of the Spec tob

Close up of the front of the OEM tob

Sides of both TOBs OEM on top

A few oem things :)

Close up of pressure plate

Close up of counter weight on the pressure plate

Close ups of the dual sprung center hub on the disc

All of it resting together with oem tob and aligment tool

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i got it checked out, step height is good, and it was all already balanced. I am very satisfied so far with both the clutch and flywheel. Be back soon after i get it in to update how it drives and how the install went.

Update: well i finally got them in(had to do the install in my garage laying on the ground) and got to drive it today after spending almost 5 hours trying to get my stupid hydraulic system bled out. even being a 6 puck its smooth as butter enaging, but feels very grippy. My engine revs quite a bit faster and easier now with the flywheel, and is also very smooth. pedal feel is just a hair stiffer than stock, but stock is pretty squishy anyway. ill update again after i get it all broke in and get to have some fun with it :)

I've got about 3000 miles on it now, and it chatters a tiny if you let it out below 1300 rpm, but is smooth and consistent otherwise. Did my first launch the other night (awd) and it gripped rediculously good, not a sign of slipping. I'm definitely satisfied with the clutch and flywheel. They both perform amazingly and are very streetable. I would recommend these to anyone who is considering or who needs a new clutch. Spec stage 3 is cheaper than ACT, grabs just as good if not better and i havent seen a single report of them failing and breaking to pieces like I keep hearing ACT's do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back