The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2g awd XTD stage 3 clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I bought this clutch as merely because i was low on cash and needed to get my car back together.

INSTALL: Was a straight forward install, like any other clutch, no quirks or anything.

Break in: I broke it in like is said, 500 easy miles.

Impression: It was an easy clutch, slipped nicely for being a 6 puck but it grabbed nicely. Pedal pressure was nice, little more than stock but had the feel of a performance style clutch.
BUT: After about 1100 miles and a good tune, i launched the car at 7 psi via 2 step and it gripped nicely and took off. The next day the car started acting up and finially just gave up going into gear. After disassembly i found out that i broke the spring plat and 2 springs managed to pop out and rub up agains the pressure plate.

All in all this was a nice clutch. I wouldnt reccomend it for awds but im sure it would work fine in a fwd since that wouldnt put as much stress on it when launched.

I will post pics when i get back from the beach house.

Brian

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back