The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Some timing questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b-morr

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
Aurora, Florida
Some misc timing questions here. Rebuilding the engine and I am putting it all together and I'm putting all the timing stuff and stuff on the block and head now.

The tensioner pulley, do you have to use washers on both sides it? Looks like it wont clear the tensioner arm without one, but I dont remember one when I took the old one off.

Do you have to use a washer for the crankshaft bolt, I have one with my ARP bolt, but its pretty beafy and looks like it wont go in as far as the stock one I took out. Also whats the best way to tighten down this bolt? I have some ideas, but I don't know the right way to do it.

Anyone?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back