The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Timing Questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo Monk3y

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2002
Orlando, Florida
Well i finally got my car back together with the 6 bolt running great... And i had my laptop logging with dsmlink and i noticed.... when got on the Car WOT in all gears my timing goes up to like 36+ and at idle its it fluxuates between 14-18 degrees... Isnt that kinda high... I had my boost set on the stock wastegate which is 13-14 psi and i didnt recieve any knock counts... Im kinda curious as to why the timing is so high.... Oh and i have to tear into the motor again because my exhaust cam seal is leaking.... get a few things fixed only to find something else LOL.... :p

well you might want to be careful with the exhaust seall leaking, your gonna soak your timing belt real fast and im sure you know what that leads too. When you put the motor in you had all your timing marks aligned then put the CAS in with the notch properly aligned right? you also have clicked ground timing in MISC. on dsmlink and used a light to set you ignition timing too i hope? Also im not sure what year youve got but you also have inverted CAS checked too? 36* at WOT is ridulous and isnt actually happening like that are you sure its just not doing that between shifts? A steady pull in one gear should net you around 17* top rpm

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back