The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Solid engine mounts made from hockey pucks?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes you read that right, you can make a solid engine mount with nothing more that your original engine mount and two hocked pucks.

First you'll need to remo e yourself engine mount or find an unused one.
1. Go ahead now and cut out that bushing in the middle. A wire bench wheel will make the next part easier, you have to remove ALL the old rubber from around the bushing. Set it aside for later use.

2. For the bracket you'll have to do the same thing. Using a knife, remo e all the old rubber from inside the bracket. Set it aside.

3. Next is the hockey pucks, clamp them both together and drill a hole in the center large enough to insert the center bushing into (dont put the bushing in yet)

4. Now you have remove enough material from the outside edges of the puck to insert them into the original bracket. There are different ways to do this i.e. a knife but i used a table mounted router. (P.s. only do 3/4 the length of the edge, it will look cleaner when finished)

4. Assembly. Insert the hockey pucks on either side of the bracket. Then, with bushing lube if you have it, insert the center bushing and there you have it!

You can glue the pucks together if you would like however the factory engine mount bracket will prevent them from coming apart. Keeping them separated will make future replacement easier though.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I appreciate feedback and apologize for the lack of photos. I made this bracket long before I had joined the forum and did not take as many pictures as I should have. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

• 20190726_172621.jpg
    20190726_172621.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back