The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

So recently! i think my ecu has gone out,

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrdrew5

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2009
jacksonville, Florida
:sosad: Ok so i went to my local shop were i do all my work to my car, i was replacing the collant temp sensor cause i thought my guages was off sometimes car overheats a bit, no bit problem right, get to it strip it with everything i got all the way to a impact even heated up wont come out.

the previous owner soaked it in rtv so im probaly gonna get a whole new housing,

anyways decided to put it all back toghter after i took the housing off to get sensor out and FAILED so i had to drive home so put it all back toghther crank the car up,

It cranks One TIME runs for a sec i hear some wierd clicks and ticking then it dies.

ecu throws no codes even when it threw 2 codes before

now we can bypass clutch switch and ignition switch and the car will turn over and over but no fire, we checked injector voltage,battery,spark, i belive we checked fuel pressure,
u can turn the car on push pedal to the floor turn the key and nothing happens at all no turnover no nothing just a click from the starter relay.

so my main question is what ecu will fit plug and play into my car and how much and i looking at i do wanna go with dsmlink so time in the future after im employed (not now) so what ecu do i need?

Bump

BUMP ### help asap!

BUMP need help asap yal!

the only way you can run ecmlink which is the v3 of dsmlink is with a eprom ecu,you can find them on ebay where i got mine for $150,ecmlink if new is $595,so ## looking at 750-800 with sending in your eprom ecu after buying ecmlink and having them socket it so you can run ecmlink,but right now if your looking for cheap just get another ecu from a 97-99 gst i think the gsx uses the same ecu,does this help,or you can send a 97-99 in and they can socket it for ecmlink check out ecmlink.com and you can find out the different options that you can go with or just use google and search ecmlink and it should tell u more

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back