The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

So I was putting some synchromesh in and...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defrag010

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2004
n/a, Alabama
... for some unknown reason, i was blessed with a lottery winner's odds. The cap off of the synchromesh bottle slipped out of my fingers when I was pouring the bottle in the fill hole and Bounced INTO the fill hole. I could have tried to do that 100 million times and it would have never happened.
So now I gotta drop the tranny and take the Whooooooole thing apart. What a bummer! :mad:

How did you manage to have it fall in there? Are you filling from the side? The cap for the synchromesh bottle isn't even big enough to fit in that hole.

I didn't have my rad. fans installed and I had enough room to fit the bottle sideways so it would squirt into the side fill hole. I had the little topper cap that goes on top of the nipple in my right hand holding it on top of the nozzle as I lowered the bottle down so it wouldn't spill out. Right when I was about to take the nozzle cap off, it slipped and went right in there. It was just big enough to fit in there, and like I said I couldn't have done it again if I tried a million times.

i would think that because it is plastic that it will just get chewed up and or melted? just change the fluid again in acouple days :)

I was really thinking about that... you think that's a possibility?

try pouring 1 few quarts of 5w30 motor oil through it. put the drain plug in loosley and put 3 quarts in, then pull the drain plug and hopefully it might flush out the cap. DO NOT drive the car with that cap in there.

Well no, the cap isnt gonna come out the drain.....too much crap to stop it......the only thing to do is try fillin it up overfull...squirt more oil in real fast and then let the oil run out....the cap will float, with some kind of luck it will float to the fill hole and out or atleast beable to see it there and grab with needle nose.....but once the oil goes below filler then it wont work....you have to time it perfect when level close to hole, that it gets pulled out with the flow.....good luck :thumb:

^ ^ ^ The cap should float on the fluid- pull the speedo sender and pour lube in there. It should be near the fill-hole in the first place, it may flow right on out.

Then again, you might drop the speedo sender bolt into the gearbox.... OMG

well, I dropped the tranny and took the case off to get the cap out. The only problem is that once reassembled, the shaft doesn't spin when it's in 4th gear. :mad:

Reminds me of the time I dropped a manifold washer on my wifes pathfinder.......and watched in dumb struck awe for what seemed likethe next ten minutes as the thing effortlessly glided through the air, into the manifold runner, and tinkled down past the open intake valve (batting a thousand here, afterall when you're hot you are HOT!!!!) and into the combusion chamber. Then along comes the wife asking if her truck is ready yet. So I explained the situation and this happened:

wife--> :tease: :poorme: <--me

well, took the tranny down to the local tranny shop and it's getting rebuilt. Good thing the cap fell in there because I never would have known that it was in as bad shape as it was.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back